Above The 6 is proud to be a partner with Basketball Canada and NBA Canada to bring you their Jr. NBA Program. The curriculum is based on the Long Term Athletic Development model and is specially designed for kids between 5 and 12 years of age who are new to basketball or are at the novice stage of development.
We cater the program to suit the needs of each individual player. Along with the Jr. NBA curriculum, we bring our own twist to the program with drills and games from the Toronto Raptors Basketball Academy and Clinics, and from over 10 years of coaching elementary aged youth.
Our coaching staff are NCCP certified with Basketball Canada.
Below are the Program Specs from www.jrnba.ca. More information on the program can be found on the Jr. NBA website.
- Participation – Provide opportunities for youth ages 5-12 across Canada to play basketball.
- Development – Develop young athletes in alignment with the Sport Canada LTAD Model and stage-appropriate drills and games.
- Progression – Entry to the Canada Basketball development pathway, encouraging athletes to pursue high performance opportunity.
- Character Building – Help athletes maximize their potential, using basketball as a vehicle to develop character and life skills.
- Age 5-12 | Co-ed | 12 Weeks | 45-75 Min. Sessions
- A national youth basketball program designed to develop fundamental skills, sportsmanship and a love of the game of basketball.
- Empowering basketball communities, clubs, and facilities
- Positively impact youth through the sport of basketball
- Holistic approach to athlete development based off of the Sport Canada LTAD Model
Every participant receives:
- A specially designed Spalding Youth Basketball to help younger/newer players develop proper form
- An NBA team reversible jersey
- Jr. NBA Poster
- Certificate upon completion of the program
- A parent information booklet
Specifics to our program are below:
Fall Session Dates:
October 4 – December 20, 2019 Sold Out
Winter Session Dates:
January 17th 2020 – May 22nd 2020 Sold Out
Day & Time: Fridays from 6:30 – 7:30 (some may run to 7:45 depending on the curriculum for that evening)
Location: Seneca College King City Campus – 13990 Dufferin Street, King City
- $250 for new participants or for returning participants requiring a new ball and/or jersey
- $225 for returning participants not requiring
Any questions about the program can be emailed to email@example.com.